Summer 1997 Issue (vol. 35, no. 2)
- New Laws Limit Access to Family Planning in Colombia
- Changes in health care coverage and provision have caused AVSC to redesign its country strategy.
- Men As Partners
- A number of activities are under way around the globe.
- AVSC and Quality of Care
- Talking with Lynn Bakamjian, AVSC's director of country programs.
- Improving Maternity Care
- AVSC adopts COPE for maternity services.
- U.S. Support for International Family Planning Assistance
- Highlights of this year's Congressional and public support for family planning activities.
- Ectopic Pregnancy Risk
- New research shows a possible risk following sterilization in women.
- Norplant Implants
- A study in Kenya addresses concerns about removing the contraceptives.
- Emergency Contraception
- An FDA announcement broadens the method's availability in the U.S.
All materials copyrighted ©2000 by AVSC International. AVSC News
articles may be reproduced and distributed without permission, so long as
the material is distributed free of charge and the authors and AVSC are
acknowledged. This newsletter is made possible through funding from foundations
and private donors and through support provided by the Office of Population,
U.S. Agency for International Development (AID), under the terms of cooperative
agreement HRN-A-00-98-00042-00. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of AID.
Back to the AVSC News Page
[ Contraception || Pregnancy || Informed Choice || Infections and Diseases || Quality of Care || Emerging Issues ]
[ Home | About AVSC | Site index | Publications ]
©2000 AVSC International. Please complete our survey or send questions/comments to: email@example.com.