Winter 1998 Issue (Vol. 36, No. 4)
- Model Minilap Training Program to Go International
- By expanding training efforts, a successful female sterilization program in the Dominican Republic is being shared around the world.
- Two New Publications Address Quality Improvement
- A new AVSC Working Paper and a publication from the Population Council address quality improvement approaches developed by AVSC.
- Study Shows Many U.S. Doctors Now Use NSV
- An article in the journal Urology discusses the use of this popular male sterilization method in the 10 years since its introduction in the U.S.
- Incorporating a Multi-Dimensional Approach to Family Planning
- A pair of articles address counseling in STI services and an understanding of reproductive health needs, encompassing the broader approach to family planning service delivery mandated at the Cairo conference.
- A Loss to the AVSC Community
- AVSC regrets the loss of Dr. Helen Winthrop Edey, a longtime AVSC Board member and champion in the field of family planning.
- New Members for AVSC's Board
- AVSC welcomes four accomplished colleagues to its Board of Directors.
All materials copyrighted ©2000 by AVSC International. AVSC News
articles may be reproduced and distributed without permission, so long as
the material is distributed free of charge and the authors and AVSC are
acknowledged. This newsletter is made possible through funding from foundations
and private donors and through support provided by the Office of Population,
U.S. Agency for International Development (AID), under the terms of cooperative
agreement HRN-A-00-98-00042-00. The opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the views of AID.
Back to the AVSC News Page
[ Contraception || Pregnancy || Informed Choice || Infections and Diseases || Quality of Care || Emerging Issues ]
[ Home | About AVSC | Site index | Publications ]
©2000 AVSC International. Please complete our survey or send questions/comments to: email@example.com.