Counseling and informed choice are key elements of all health care. However, in the fields of family planning and reproductive health, their importance is heightened by the historical and political context within which these services are provided.
- What Are...
- Counseling || Informed choice || Informed consent || The rights of the client
- Talking with Clients about...
- Reproductive health issues || Family
planning || Sterilization
|| Sexually transmitted infections ||
Sexuality || Gender
- The Special Counseling Needs of...
- Pregnant and postpartum women || Postabortion women || Adolescents
For more information on this topic, see the AVSC publications on Counseling, informed choice, and informed consent.