How to Take Care of Yourself after Abortion
What to Avoid
- Resume normal activities
only when you feel comfortable enough to do so.
- Take the medications you
have been given correctly and completely.
- Iron tablets will make your
blood normal and healthy again. Take them as prescribed
- Keep your follow-up appointment
as scheduled. Return at any time if you have concerns.
- If you are interested in
using a family planning method,
talk to a provider about starting one right away. It
is possible to become pregnant as soon as you resume sexual relations.
What Is Normal
- Strenuous activity for 2-3
- Sexual relations until the
bleeding has stopped
What Is Abnormal
- Bleeding and cramping similar
to a normal period for up to one week
- Mild fatigue for a few days
- Mild depression or sadness
for several days
Contact your health care provider
immediately if you experience any of these symptoms!
- Dizziness, lightheadedness,
- Abdominal pain
- Severe cramping
- Nausea, vomiting
- Bleeding that is twice as
heavy as a normal period
- Vaginal discharge that smells
Back to the PAC
|| Pregnancy || Informed
Infections and Diseases || Quality
of Care || Emerging Issues ]
[ Home | About
AVSC | Site index | Publications
[ Version Française | Versión
AVSC International. Please complete our survey
or send questions/comments to: email@example.com.